Re: [TowerTalk] Removing Tower Paint From Galvanized Tower

To: Jim Thomson <jim.thom@telus.net>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Removing Tower Paint From Galvanized Tower
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 18:11:22 +0000
MY Go to paint for galvanized tower  sections is..  rust Bullet Metallic Gray

https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Bullet-Standard-Industrial-Inhibitor/dp/B00028EVG4/ref=sr_1_11?

ie=UTF8&qid=1501783537&sr=8-11&keywords=rust+bullet

 Needs two coats.   I set up  saw horses with 2X6  stretched between  and
pieces of 1 " pipe inserted in a leg and do 4 sections at a time .

 You must wear skin protection because the paint  one on need to  where
off..... As my wife when I painted a 64 ft tower Sat AM for a guy and went to

the 4:00 Pm wedding and reception looking like the Tin Man from the Wizard of
OZ  ( hard learned lesion )

Wayne W3EA

My .02