Re: [TowerTalk] N0OST post Winch for UST layover and raise

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] N0OST post Winch for UST layover and raise
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 07:17:40 -0500
I would avoid like the plague anything like what you describe. The only electric winches I would consider for my use or recommend to others would be worm drive units with a sufficient reduction ratio to ensure they lock up when not driven under power, raising or lowering. No braking system to fail.

Best of luck to you.  Be safe.

Patrick        NJ5G