Re: [TowerTalk] N0OST post Winch for UST layover and raise

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] N0OST post Winch for UST layover and raise
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 14:18:33 -0500
Thanks, Kent.  I have a 12,000lb Warn winch on the front of my one ton dually Dodge 4x4.  I have used it a few times to raise and lower towers with no problems but... there was a little "pucker factor." A good gin pole helps soothe the nerves. Oh and P.S.  the rear mounted class 5(14,000 lb rated hitch (for 2 1/2 inch drawbar) was secured to the base of a good sized tree.

If a tree or other substantial object isn't available then a properly sized/rated Danforth anchor is a good item to use.

Patrick        NJ5G