Re: [TowerTalk] Measuring Common Mode Choke with Anritsu VNA

To: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Measuring Common Mode Choke with Anritsu VNA
From: Máximo EA1DDO_HK1H <ea1ddo@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 20:28:00 +0000
This Anritsu VNA can check and save S11 and S21 at same time.

So, checking a choke I´ve save the .s2p file including both S11 and S21.

This is the result:

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AmG0n3993dIchjxswg_HvXxBCA8M

[https://sf0edq-db3pap001.files.1drv.com/y4mhJtqNqlYj2tfWPzcRimPYv6UAXKUVvwDoT-3ko-nXkD43HrkVeY241aoJvcaFaA1T3JYeEkLzU_S4XxNdb5ZVbDMMuxcTLl-Bb53I7fMR-nUdZGfsWVIuK4jGT3ZWG7LZFms1hEIOtr0EDHb8zXhbSyvWBGPtzvoY6uXfSf2xzs]
 <https://1drv.ms/i/s!AmG0n3993dIchjxswg_HvXxBCA8M>
[https://sf0edq-db3pap001.files.1drv.com/y4mhJtqNqlYj2tfWPzcRimPYv6UAXKUVvwDoT-3ko-nXkD43HrkVeY241aoJvcaFaA1T3JYeEkLzU_S4XxNdb5ZVbDMMuxcTLl-Bb53I7fMR-nUdZGfsWVIuK4jGT3ZWG7LZFms1hEIOtr0EDHb8zXhbSyvWBGPtzvoY6uXfSf2xzs]

S11´s (left) and S21´s (right) curve are same, but the S11´s peak is at 2.8
Mhz, and the S21´s peak is at 3.8 MHz !!

At same time you can see the resonance point on the S11 plot (blue line).

This could be what Jim is saying, at resonance point, S11 fails in accuracy
frequency.

73, Maximo