Re: [TowerTalk] RF int makeup mirror

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RF int makeup mirror
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 18:16:48 -0400
Our host is being patient, as there *IS* is an RFI reflector,
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/RFI/
<http://lists.contesting.com/archives/html/RFI/>

..however I only saw one comment that addressed the problem, from Chuck
K9LC, so thought I'd add my 2c.

Years ago when we had 3 touch lamps, I did this mod as well.  Super easy.
Eventually, after a few years, all the lamps touch circuits failed, so I
removed

the touch part and installed a push button switch..but in those intervening
years..no more RFI to/from with the little choke!

Mike VE9AA

<snip>

".On a serious note, there are some reports that I have seen concerning
touch-on lamps that had similar issues.  One of the solutions was putting a
RFC choke in the wire that connects to the touch "antenna".  I think it was
about 4.7 mH choke.

I have a similar issue with a touch on Delta kitchen faucet .  So if you
find a solution please be sure to send it to me so I can see if it solves my
issue.

Chuck K9LC.."

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB