Re: [TowerTalk] Securing vertical to concrete post?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Securing vertical to concrete post?
From: Gary K9GS <garyk9gs@wi.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2019 19:21:24 -0600
Hi John,I've never seen T bolt clamps except online.  That might work too.The
DX Engineering tilt base uses a pivoting u channel made of some composite
insulating material so no problem insulating the antenna.73,Gary K9GS
-------- Original message --------From: john@kk9a.com Date: 3/5/19  7:11 PM
(GMT-06:00) To: towertalk@contesting.com Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Securing
vertical to concrete post? Many people associate hose clamps with the
screw/band worm gear. T-bolt hoseclamps are much stronger. I use them when
telescoping larger tubing and toclamp my DX Engineering insulated element
brackets to the boom. If you arejust hose clamping a vertical to a concrete
post, one of the items will needa PVC pipe around it to insulate the antenna.
Another option is a platewith U-Bolts, one set of u-bolts for the concrete post
and another for thevertical element, again the vertical needs to be
insulated.John KK9AGary K9GS garyk9gs at wi.rr.com I'm looking for ideas for
securing a large HF vertical to a concretepost.The post is approximately 10" in
diameter. It is also near saltwater socorrosion is a concern.I've thought of
using several large SS hose clampsbut even the widest ones I could find are
3/4". I'm looking for something alittle more robust. I do not want to drill
into the concrete out of concernfor letting in moisture/saltwater. Any
ideas?73,Gary
 mailing
listTowerTalk@contesting.comhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/towertalk