Re: [TowerTalk] old rotor contacts repair question

To: Steven Katz <stevek@jmr.com>, David Huff <dhuff@vermeer.com>, "TowerTalk@contesting.com" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] old rotor contacts repair question
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 19:23:17 +0000
You can get replacement  terminal strips   but the terminials are steel.  As
menitioned and I do also is  cut a plate out of scrap allunimum sheet drill a
hole and solder  a  pig tail.

I make mine 16 inches and terminate  them on a terminial strip inside a plastic
WX proof Box  .

As for the jumpy meter.  If you get full  meter read  360 deg . I have found
the alunimum top housing  developes electrolysis and  it falls onto the  meter
pot causing it to be jumpy also at the copper grounding  strip mating surface
in the top of the top bell.

My solution to rectifiy this delima is after a cleaning with steel wool I mask
off the ground point  at the top and the mating surface and fog it with a coat
of clear  paint.

As for the 500 ohm pot  burnish it with  a cardboard match cover and clean it
with  CRC contact cleaner.

MY .02   YMMV

Wayne W3EA