Re: [TowerTalk] K1PEK de NW2K - Towertalk Ads

To: k7lxc@aol.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] K1PEK de NW2K - Towertalk Ads
From: Gary K9GS <garyk9gs@wi.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 14:38:12 -0500
Hi Steve,I agree Steve (LXC). It's hard enough for the big manufacturers to
make a profit in the ham radio market. The smaller manufacturers and
distributors really struggle and can use all the support we can give them,
especially when they can think of innovative ways to be competitive.So far any
commercial posts on towertalk have not even become background noise.  There is
always the delete button.73,Gary K9GS
-------- Original message --------From: k7lxc--- via TowerTalk
<towertalk@contesting.com> Date: 4/15/19  12:12 PM  (GMT-06:00) To:
nw2k@perluma.com, SDavis@DavisRF.com, towertalk@contesting.com Subject:
[TowerTalk] K1PEK de NW2K - Towertalk Ads >  Steve K1PEK, others may feel
differently, but I'm not a fan of commercial ads on Towertalk.Howdy --    Tnx
for your comments. The fact is that half of the stuff discussed on TT has to do
with buying something; e.g. ferrite cores, various antennas, towers, masts,
grounding stuff, etc. And as a member of TT, like most of us you're always
happy to hear from the vendor/manufacturer who can give us the straight skinny
on a product and dispel any myths or bad info about something that the're an
expert on and they're passing along their hard won (albeit slightly biased)
opinion and expertise. I won't discourage that. Sorry you don't see it that
way.    There are enough old wives tales in ham radio and this very occasional
commercial input from experts helps contribute to the knowledge of individuals
and the group. You can use your delete button on Steve's posts but I'll
guarantee you that somewhere in that post is a kernel of information and truth
that you may indeed find helpful and/or enlightening. I'm just
saying.Cheers,Steve     K7LXCTT ADMIN