[TowerTalk] K1PEK de NW2K - Towertalk Ads

To: nw2k@perluma.com, SDavis@DavisRF.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] K1PEK de NW2K - Towertalk Ads
From: k7lxc--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 17:12:18 +0000 (UTC)
>  Steve K1PEK, others may feel differently, but I'm not a fan of commercial
>ads on Towertalk.
Howdy --
    Tnx for your comments. The fact is that half of the stuff discussed on TT
has to do with buying something; e.g. ferrite cores, various antennas, towers,
masts, grounding stuff, etc. And as a member of TT, like most of us you're
always happy to hear from the vendor/manufacturer who can give us the straight
skinny on a product and dispel any myths or bad info about something that
the're an expert on and they're passing along their hard won (albeit slightly
biased) opinion and expertise. I won't discourage that. Sorry you don't see it
that way.

    There are enough old wives tales in ham radio and this very occasional
commercial input from experts helps contribute to the knowledge of individuals
and the group. You can use your delete button on Steve's posts but I'll
guarantee you that somewhere in that post is a kernel of information and truth
that you may indeed find helpful and/or enlightening. I'm just saying.

Cheers,Steve     K7LXCTT ADMIN