Re: [TowerTalk] VHF/UHF Common Mode Choke

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] VHF/UHF Common Mode Choke
From: Wes <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 06:41:26 -0700
Back when I was on EME, we didn't have the knowledge or material to use ferrite chokes, but that might be the way to go now.  On my one balanced-line fed array, I manufactured a coaxial sleeve balun using copper tubing and pipe. Nominally a single band device I imagine at 3/4 wavelength it would work well.

But I had access to a machine shop then :-)

I would think about solid sleeves rather than clamp-on if your feedline allows
it.

Wes  N7WS