Re: [TowerTalk] Remote switch

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Remote switch
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 22:32:00 -0500
I’m a bit puzzled by the need for lots of isolation in such a switch. I
understand why it’s needed between different transceivers, but how much is
truly needed between antennas to the *same* transceiver? How much isolation
exists between the antennas themselves, regardless of the switch? As an
example, how much isolation is there between my 20 m tribander and my dipole
for 17 m, all on the same mast? It’s got to be much less that across the ports
of the RCS-4, doesn’t it?

Kim N5OP

"People that make music together cannot be enemies, at least as long as the
music lasts." -- Paul Hindemith