Re: [TowerTalk] Illuminating antennas on towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Illuminating antennas on towers
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2019 09:00:54 -0300
Hey Paul,

On my 24' "mast" (not tower) I use a 120VAC floodlight, bolted to the mast
about 3' off the ground, aimed straight up to point at my sad sack of an
A3S. (which is now more of an A2S actually)

The rotor pot failed many moons ago and I am not taking it all down to fix
it.  I am sure it would easily illuminate to double the height.maybe more.

I did have to drill weep holes in the lampholder base to let water out.  A
bulb still lasts me years.  I usually put it on a dusk/dawn sensor box or
one time I just had it on an IR remote box, so could turn it on when needed.
'Course, even a cheap block heater timer would work.  I've tried all
methods.

YMMV,

Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey