[TowerTalk] Rotor Cable UV, etc., resistance. DAVIS RF Re: TowerTalk

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotor Cable UV, etc., resistance. DAVIS RF Re: TowerTalk Digest, Vol 204, Issue 7
From: Steve Davis | Davis RF <sdavis@davisrf.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 16:50:33 +0000
Hello T Talkers and  Elliot,

Belden 9405 is not only expensive, it is a PVC jacket.   There are numerous
compounds of PVC and not all are  acceptably UV resistant.  DAVIS RF uses
PE outer jackets on all of its rotor cables.  We were the first to do so in the
ham market.   Not only is PE highly UV resistant, it can be buried (the type of
PE that  we use) and is resistant to oil, gas and certain chemicals.  Same
jacket as I designed/used on  Bury-Flex  (Tm of DAVIS RF) which is also fully
submersible in H2O or salt water (no data to beyond 100 ft. depths).  And DAVIS
RF rotator cables are economically priced, no major price difference for PE
outer jacket.      73, Steve,  K1PEK

 Message: 4