Re: [TowerTalk] Orion 2800 Rotator Cable Replacement

To: towertalk@contesting.com, wa6tla@icloud.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Orion 2800 Rotator Cable Replacement
From: k7lxc--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 17:58:30 +0000 (UTC)
>  My antenna refresh project is moving along.  The Orion 2800 was installed in
>2007 and has functioned flawlessly.  Since I am replacing the coax it dawned
>on me that I should also replace the rotator cable.  Can?t  inspect the
>condition of the jacket etc but probably needs changing.
    Probably needs changing? What's the compelling reason for spending all the
time and money to change it? I can't remember ever replacing rotator cable in
over 260 ham installations. If it ain't broke - don't fix it. Just my opinion.

Cheers,Steve      K7LXCTOWER TECH -Professional tower services for amateurs