Re: [TowerTalk] 45G and guys

To: Mpridesti <mpridesti@yahoo.com>, K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 45G and guys
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 17:58:39 +0000
Ignacy,

According to the BIBLE (Rohn) product catalog  @ 100 ft.  of R45- Zone B 40FSF
= three layers of  1/4 EHS. = 6650 lb  tensial strength
So IMO PhillyStran  HTPG 6700 should be used for all three levels of guys.   IF
you chose to use ¼ EHS   the info for none resonante
http://ve3vn.blogspot.com/2017/05/planning-around-guy-wire-interactions.html
info on lengths  on this link.

I have advised hams who do not have  ANY material on hand  as a sugjestion to
go  to R-55 at 100 ft level.
Why you only need TWO levels of Guys and If you  compare the cost of  TOWER .
EHS guy wire 50s insulators and Crosby  cable clamps (6) for each insulator and
(3) for each   or substute PLP line products BIG grips  .    Then the two
levels you need with R-55 end use EHS with 502 insulators  and cable clamps on
R-55 and the Phillystran and the PLP big grips 18  and 9 conventional  PLP ¼
EHS  Big grips 9 502 insulatore.

It’s all about the numbers   BUT imo the installation would only be built with
¼ EHS and only 6700 Phillystran.

My .02

Wayne ,W3EA