Re: [TowerTalk] Lift Mast to Replace Rotator

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lift Mast to Replace Rotator
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2019 21:38:41 -0700

Another guy just said the same thing you did, and I'm not sure that is universally a good idea.  I expect Steve to eventually weigh in here with more authority on the subject, but from what I understand some rotators WANT to have some vertical weight on them to keep the bearings properly aligned.  Free floating bearings aren't always a good idea.

Dave   AB7E