Re: [TowerTalk] 80 meter antenna advice. (NY6DX)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80 meter antenna advice. (NY6DX)
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 16:16:45 -0400
AC0C is a funny guy.

At the risk of overstating the obvious, we get pretty harsh wx up here in NB
as well.  I daresay worse than NY even at times.

Even if I could afford it (and I surely can't), I wouldn't DREAM of
installing a 80m beam, lest it be eventually need to be 'mowed around' (per
AC0C, hi-good one Jeff)

I've had my low-cost 'all-wire' 80m 4-square up 3 yrs or so and other than
to occasionally repair a broken wire, it's been pretty robust.  It's made
from 4 inverted L's hanging off a variety of trees, 2 raised radials per
element, on very sloping, rocky ground, no ferrites on the coax, but
surprisingly seems to work (and work well). ('They just want to work' -
K1TTT)

YMMV

Mike VE9Antenna Antenna

CU (all of sudden) this weekend.anyone outside W/VE pse

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB