Re: [TowerTalk] Tail Twister Rotator in Alumatower T50

To: Mark Foltarz <Foltarz@rocketmail.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tail Twister Rotator in Alumatower T50
From: John/K4WJ <k4wj@att.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 11:41:45 -0400
If the antenna needs a tailtwister it is probably to big for that tower.

I have the T50 too and I got the tail twister inside the tower and bolted in.
However when I powered up the rotator I discovered that the wings on the
rotator hit the tower and the range of rotation was severely limited, to say
the least. I now rotate my Mosley 67C Pro with a Ham 4. If we get hurricane
force winds in this area I doubt the tower will survive. The Mosley is too much
for this tower

I gave the Tail Twister to a friend for helping me with tower work.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10