[TowerTalk] Measuring resonance of a yagi element

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Measuring resonance of a yagi element
From: Tom Hellem <tom.hellem@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 19:02:16 -0600
I would like to measure the self-resonant frequency of the reflector on a
home made 20 meter yagi. It seems obvious the best way would probably be to
open it up at the center and make it into a split dipole element and hook
up my analyzer. However I would like to avoid cutting it and dealing with
splicing it back together again. Can anyone suggest another way to
accomplish my objective? The reason for doing this is because it is
apparent from modeling in EZNEC that the
length of the reflector is critical to the performance parameters of the
antenna, e.g. gain, F/B, bandwith, etc., and it looks to me like it doesn't
take much of a change in the length of the element

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Tom K0SN
Missoula, MT