Re: [TowerTalk] VERTICALS NEAR SALT WATER

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] VERTICALS NEAR SALT WATER
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 06:45:04 -0500
Yeah, I think you're on the wrong side of the island for a beach vertical, the Pseudo-Brewster angles will only be filled toward the south. Hopefully there are no volcanic mountains to the north to block your signal.

John KK9A

K4XS wrote:

Still assessing antenna options for the new station.
One parcel has about 95 feet of ocean front facing south. Of course the idea of verticals comes to mind. Here is the issue. . If the vertical is located at the shoreline, I know any vertical will work like gangbusters in the southern direction. However, will the salt water effect be lessened in the opposite direction (north) and by how much? And, how much would the directions to the NE and NW be affected. My gut feeling is to the north it would not be anywhere as good as it is to the south and to the NW and NE is would be a little better than the north but not anywhere near as good as to the south. Am I right?
Bill K4XS/KH7XS/  V31XX (soon)