Re: [TowerTalk] Long Term Connector Reliability

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Long Term Connector Reliability
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 18:09:34 +0000
The only caveat with N connectors is if you are running power into a load that
is not mostly resistive. If you have a non-resonant or partially resonant
antenna like an 80M dipole that you are using a tuner to get a match over the
entire 500kHz of the band, you can have voltages along the feedline that exceed
the ratings for N. UHF connectors fare somewhat better in this situation.

Al
AB2ZY