Re: [TowerTalk] DIY Air Wound Coils

To: W7TMT - Patrick <W7TMT@outlook.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DIY Air Wound Coils
From: David Gilbert <ab7echo@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 21:30:37 -0700

I could add another four slots in the form for a total of eight. You wouldn't need to use them all on smaller coils, and if you used them all on larger coils it would be easy to just turn over whichever strips you didn't want to leave in, such that their slots faced the form.

It would also be possible for someone to put a spacer (almost anything would work) under a turn as the coil was wound so it would stick out to make it easier to make a tap on close wound coils.

73,
Dave   AB7E