Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna wire source?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna wire source?
From: Jim Pruitt <jpruitt67@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 23:43:28 -0700
Hello Jim.

Your experience with Flexweave does not match my experience.  I had an inverted vee up using flexweave and it was up for 8 years until I took it down and we do get some hellacious winds here in the PNW.

I was and am looking for the surplus military type wire more for portable operations and that is why it is #22 or so.  Someone suggested that it is copperweld wire that I am looking for.  I certainly hope not as I will never use that stuff again!

Thank you.

Jim Pruitt
WA7DUY