[TowerTalk] Test your Transmit antenna on the air

To: "tower and HF Antenna Construction Topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Test your Transmit antenna on the air
From: VE6WZ_Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2024 07:55:11 -0700
Today I uploaded a short 6 minute video showing how to use the Kiwi radios
located all over the world to test your transmit antenna.

How is the front-to-back on your 4 square really performing?
Make an azimuth polar plot of your Yagi and see how it compares to modelling.
How does the pattern change across the band?

This is not a new thing, but in this video I describe the method for those that
may not be familiar with it.
No test equipment is needed.  All that’s required is a PC sitting beside your
radio.

Using the “S-meter” function on the Kiwi radios makes it quick and easy to
record signal levels from your transmit antenna.
This method is far more accurate than trying to estimate a signal level while
watching a bouncing analog or digital S-meter.

https://youtu.be/_BMeVJQ_cwI <https://youtu.be/_BMeVJQ_cwI>

73, es HNY to all
Steve, VE6WZ