Re: [TowerTalk] PL-259 - can connectors be recycled?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PL-259 - can connectors be recycled?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2024 20:03:47 -0700
On 7/14/2024 5:36 PM, Wes Stewart via TowerTalk wrote:
"I cut the cable off close to the connector (1" or so).  This allows you to unscrew
the outer sheath and get it out of the way."

Do you do that before heating or after? I get my connectors pretty hot when soldering the shield, but maybe that doesn't matter. I'll have to try your method. Thanks!

> The stock market has not appreciated, it's just priced in inflated
> dollars,

I disagree on that one, Wes. I've been an active investor (NOT a TRADER), managing my own investments for 30 years. As an adult, I was tutored by my Mom, who was accountant for the C&O railroad, and by the time she had retired, she was preparing materials that went into their annual statements (it was CSX by then).

Over the long haul, the market appreciates considerably more than inflation, although the graph upward is quite bumpy. That's how folks with money (or savings) get ahead.

73, Jim K9YC