[VHFcontesting] Re: [Yaesu] RFI/Power line noise problem

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: [Yaesu] RFI/Power line noise problem
From: cvn65vf94@msn.com (Robert Oler)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:23 2003
Hello.

Jim Dellwood W5PH and I (Robert Oler WB5MZO) had a similar problem here in
Clear Lake TX.  We DF'ed if down to a particular house and then called the
power company (HL&P).  The guy came out in his truck confirmed it was the
house and then identified it as a doorbell transformer that was going bad
(amazing it was audible over 2 miles away).

we got the folks in the house to replace the door bell transformer and it
was gone.  I dont know what yours soundlike...but Jim and I learned a thing
or two.

Robert

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>