[VHFcontesting] Looking for 2m IF radio info 706?

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Looking for 2m IF radio info 706?
From: martho@ameritech.net (Mark)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:23 2003
Hi all,

I'm looking for a 2m IF radio to start to build a transverter stack for
903, 2304 and up....
I have often seen people with FT-290's... Does anyone use an original 706?
The price is right, however I want
to make sure people have done this before and I don't waste my time on a
bad IF rig?

your thoughts and comments appreciated. If you feel this topic is not
appropriate for the list (even though this IF radio is for the Rover!!!),
then please reply directly and we will save everyone reading time.

Thanks and have fun...
Mark
KG9PF