[VHFcontesting] re. W3ZZ's QST contesting article (Tom Carney)

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] re. W3ZZ's QST contesting article (Tom Carney)
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:37 2003
On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 07:03:22PM +0000, jon jones wrote:

> The "high sunspot activity" theory does not explain why log submissions are
> down for the Sept. and Jan. VHF contests, as these are not "Es driven."

I was not attempting to make a link bettween Es and high or low SSN.

I was linking the fact that people like myself are more
likely to operate the VHF contests during low sun spot years
as opposed to operating in an HF contest during the same weekend.
Or in the usually limited number of weekends I can devote
to a contest.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net