[VHFcontesting] Re: Highest QSO and Grid totals, June contest

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: Highest QSO and Grid totals, June contest
From: n0jk@hotmail.com (jon jones)
Date: Sat Jul 5 14:00:02 2003
>After not much happening at this high end in 2001 and 2002, it is clear
>the 2003 was a big one.  I agree with N0JK and others who have suggested
>that 2003 was not as big on six as was 1987 (and perhaps a couple of other
>years); nonetheless it was a great one.

Curt - thanks for the lists. Perhaps the best description of the June VHF
QSO Party 6 Meter conditions was posted by NU6S on the 3830 reflector:
"Saturday was the best I have ever heard on six meters during a contest.
Sunday was just about the worst I have ever heard on six meters during a
contest."  The big difference between 2003 and 1987 or 1992 was that 2003
had one great day. Both 1987 and 1992 had two great days. And the "great
Saturday" in this year's contest wasn't all that *great* in Bermuda. Sunday
was actually better for me in terms of Qs and DX.

- Jon NØJK