[VHFcontesting] CQ Test and Hill Topping

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] CQ Test and Hill Topping
From: n0jk@hotmail.com (jon jones)
Date: Mon Jul 21 19:31:08 2003
Jim:

I did - operated Saturday evening out west of Nickerson, KS on a bluff over
the Arkansas River in EM08. Not many "hills" to hilltop from in KS. One QSO
on 6M tropo to Neb., about 30 tropo Qs on 2M, best DX W3ZZ in FM08.  see
prior post for more details. No PC, no CU2QSO, etc. Just 10 watts, a 4 el
yagi on 2M, a 2 el yagi on 6M, lots of bugs to swat,  and scrap paper to log
on... along with one of the best tropo openings in the last 10 years.

- Jon NØJK