[VHFcontesting] Rover antenna question

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Rover antenna question
From: w9sz@prairienet.org (Zack Widup)
Date: Fri Aug 1 14:29:39 2003
On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Warren J. Walsh wrote:

> Hello Rovers,
>
> I have a question for the rovers on the list.  What type of antennas are
> you using for 903MHz and up?  Do you prefer loop yagis, regular yagi, or a
> dish?
>
> Thanks
> Warren - K2BM
>

>From a portable operation fanatic:

903 and 1296 - loop yagis
2304 and up - dishes (although I've been thinking about building a looper
for 2304)

The thing I've found about loopers is that they are more receptive to
abuse than regular yagis - if you bend an element, it's easy to bend it
back into place and the antenna still works well.

73, Zack W9SZ