[VHFcontesting] Info/experience with TS790A and IC820H

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Info/experience with TS790A and IC820H
From: sprinkies@excel.net (Todd and Sandy Sprinkmann)
Date: Wed Aug 13 12:11:17 2003
  Thanks to those who replied with info about the IC471A.  I'm going to let
that rig pass me by.

  I am curious about any opinions or experience any of you have with the
Kenwood TS-790A and the Icom IC-820H.  Shoot, you can fire away with any
opinions on the Yaesu FT736 and 726, as well.  I keep seeing those rigs pop up
too.  Comparisons are encouraged -- I can't get enough info.

  As you can probably tell, I'm trying to make some decisions about rigs.  I
want a decent-quality rig for 144 and 432 in time for the Sept. contest.  And
yes, I will eventually be on 222, as well.

   This rig probably wouldn't end up being my primary radio -- I'll ask about
transverters down the road -- but I would like to get a few different rigs
anyway.  I am trying to design a station that will have mutliple capabilities
on multiple bands with multiple antennas.

   73,
   Todd  KC9BQA  EN63