[VHFcontesting] Info/experience with TS790A and IC820H

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Info/experience with TS790A and IC820H
From: wa4kxy@bellsouth.net (Jim Worsham)
Date: Fri Aug 15 12:42:15 2003
I have to agree with Dave.  In my experience IF you have a good low loss
feedline and IF you have a good receiver (transverter/HF rig combo) and IF
you are not trying to do something like EME with a really low background
noise floor then preamps cause more harm than good.  Spend the money on
hardline and a good transverter (DEMI).

73
Jim W4KXY