[VHFcontesting] K0SGI June results

To: Northern Lights Radio Society <nlrs@mailman.qth.net>,vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K0SGI June results
From: Brent Casavant <b.j.casavant@ieee.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 13:55:22 -0500
This contest marked the first time that our multiop field operation
worked under the callsign K0SGI, which our club at work obtained just a
few months ago.  Operators were Jason N0RPM, Glen KC0IYT, and Brent KD5EMB.
We operated from a city park in Eagan Minnesota, grid EN34ks.  We had
identified this park as a good candidate by using the Radio Mobile
software package, and KC0IYT had scouted it out beforehand.  The biggest
downside to the park is it is surrounded by houses and mature trees,
and doesn't provide a clear horizon view for microwave work (we had 10GHz
capability with us, courtesy of N0KP).

Band            QSOs    Grids   Points  Notes
50 MHz          50      21      50      706MkIIg, 3 el. homebrew
144 MHz         47      10      47      TS-2000, 12 el. K1FO homebuilt
222 MHz         14      4       28      DEM 222-28, 7 el. homebrew
432 MHz         22      5       44      TS-2000, 23 el. K1FO homebuilt
902 MHz         3       1       9       KK7B 9W xvtr, WA5VJB 9 el. homebrew
1296 MHz        5       1       15      DEM 1296-144, 24el Dir. Sys. Loop Yagi