[VHFcontesting] DEMI 1296 transverter drive power

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] DEMI 1296 transverter drive power
From: "Bill Burgess" <ve3cru@rac.ca>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 12:32:08 -0400
I have an earlier level DEMI 1296 transverter, serial # 105 without any
information on it.  I want to drive it with either a Kenwood 700A or Yaesu
480R, each being approx. 10 watts output and neither having a low power setting
for ssb/cw.  I need to know the safe drive level for this unit.  Also, for
those better than I in db calculations, will a 15 db attenuator in the drive
transmit line be sufficient, or do I need more?

73,

Bill

Email: ve3cru@rac.ca