Re: [VHFcontesting] NFL threatens Contest...CWAC CWAC

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] NFL threatens Contest...CWAC CWAC
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 06:55:21 -0600 (CST)
Haha!  I love it!

I will be QRP Portable and, depending on the site I use, probably anywhere
from a quarter of a mile to a mile from the nearest TV. So I won't even be
tempted.  Do I still get the bonus points?

I've found a wonderful site in EN50rl that I've been using.  It's the
highest hill in this part of Illinois, on private property and the farmer
who owns it has given me permission to use it.  I talked with him last
night and he said it may be too muddy up there, so I will check it out. He
said I could use it but he didn't want to have to be towing me out of the
mud if I got stuck.  Alternate plan is EN50xf. Not quite as high but a
good shot in most directions.

I'll have 144 thru 10368 MHz.  I decided not to take 50 MHz with me.  Too
much to pack into a Toyota Corolla!

73, Zack W9SZ