Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF-DX logger prob continued

To: "kevinemtid@sbcglobal.net" <kevinemtid@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF-DX logger prob continued
From: Bill Fisher <wvfisher@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:01:06 -0500
Kevin,
As a former user of  VHF-DX also sorry it isnt supported anymore
Agree with you about not wanting to pay money every year for upgrades etc.
I have decided to use N3FJP's VHF contesting software (www.n3fjp.com), very
simple to use , no learning curve at all, and only $15 to register..
A couple of friends have tried the N1MM free software and like it too..
http://pages.cthome.net/n1mm/
so there are some other options out there..
good luck

73 de w4grw
Bill
EM95

On 1/30/06, kevinemtid@sbcglobal.net <kevinemtid@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I also use VHF-DX. It was the most simple and easiest to use vhf logger I
> could find for the right price. Unfortunately the programmer no longer
> supports it. I am not a programmer I cannot and will not(because I did not
> write it) open it to change a few designations the ARRL decided to make. I
> for one cannot afford to spend 49 to 79 dollars for a logging program every
> yr. I did use the cabrillo form located on the ARRL website  just now and
> thank God I only had about 50 contacts to enter.  I don't plan on doing that
> again. I'll have to do some research before the June contest or just resort
> to a paper log.  Dave you are not Alone!

  73,