Re: [VHFcontesting] need advice/ft-847 and demi transverters

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] need advice/ft-847 and demi transverters
From: Ray J <ray@w9ray.org>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 17:07:40 -0500
you can get the ppt signal form the  hf data I/O jack/**//**//
<http://www.packetradio.com/bbb/CBL%203.gif>**/  or  from the STBY port..
 Which band transvertser are you planning on?  10 meter in or 2 meter in..

you run the ptt from the radio to the tib&the transverter.  or you can
use the aux relay on the tib to key the transverter..

  Be very careful setting  tib alc level (if its not done already) ..
and make sure the alc and line can not become disconnected from the
radio/tib or you will probably let some of the precious smoke out of the
transverter,  when you tx alot more power into the transverter than you
really wanted want to...

Ray J

W9RAY
50-2304mhz