Re: [VHFcontesting] need advice/ft-847 and demi transverters

To: William Capps <cappswb@auburn.edu>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] need advice/ft-847 and demi transverters
From: Dana Rawding <dana@rawding.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 08:36:16 -0400
I have a number of DEMI transverters that I use w/ my FT-847. The
STBY port on the back of the FT-847 provides ptt to ground for 70 cm
(pin 2), 2m (pin 4), 6m (pin 5) and HF (pin 3).  Pin 1 is ground.  I
took an old PS2 mouse and cut off cable at the mouse side and pulled
the extra pin.  Then I took a little project box and installed 4 RCA
connectors.  Wire it up and you have a nice little remote ptt control
box for hard keying solid state amps and transverters.

Dana
N1OFZ