[VHFcontesting] Wanted - tower in northern New England

To: VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Wanted - tower in northern New England
From: Paul N1BUG <paul_n1bug@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 17:25:07 -0400
I apologize for this very marginally contest related post. After
much thought I would like to make another attempt at adding a tower
so I won't have to take one band down to put up another. Problem is,
I'm in the middle of nowhere and towers are hard to come by around
here. It took years to find the first one. If I succeed, it means
FN55 on more bands for more people in the contests!

If anyone knows of 80+ feet of light duty tower available in the
northern New England area, please contact me off list. I will
consider anything from Rohn 6 to Rohn 25 or equivalent thereof, so
long as it is solid and not too rusty. I would also be interested in
guy wire if someone has surplus to their needs. Obviously I'm biased
toward something old and inexpensive, as that puts the overall
project on a faster track. However, tower sections being so hard for
me to get, I will definitely consider buying good used 25G or such
even if it means putting off the rest of the project til next year.

There is a potential glitch in transporting tower sections, but
let's see if anything is available and where. I'm very motivated to
try and work something out!

Thanks for reading,

73,
Paul N1BUG
FN55, north woods, outer nowhere, or whatever...