Re: [VHFcontesting] 432 during UHF contest

To: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <ka5cvh@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 432 during UHF contest
From: "crawfish" <crawfish@surfmore.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 18:22:04 -0500
Reminding me of our local club in AL years ago. They hated VHF on Field Day,
so I operated with another club.They had misgivings but when I made 1/2 of
the FD contacts of the club on 6m with 50 watts and a 3-el., they took
notice. Of course, this was 1979 when the sunspot cycle was up. If the
signals aren't loud, the newbies don't hang around. I guess all those years
with substandard gear on CW got me used to weak signals.
                             Joe W4AAB