Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Antenna

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Antenna
From: Eric Watkins <shelshok@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 22:02:16 -0600
We(kr0ver/r) used the 70cm and 2m rover antennas from Directive
Systems in the June VHF contest. It was our first non loop
experience, on those bands, while mobile and I have to say they
worked very nice at 85mph and gave no issues. Dave is a great person
to work with, stuff ships fast and they have a good web site with
lots of good info. (Why are these items such a welcome change from
most commercial ham outfits?)  The Directive Systems antennas worked
well for rover ops and we seemed to really get out from some remote
locations(DN91).

Pix of the antennas in use here:
http://www.kr0ver.org/2007.jun-vhf/

Eric