Re: [VHFcontesting] Another rookie question

To: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>,Jim Worsham <wa4kxy@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Another rookie question
From: k4gun@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 15:10:42 +0000
Very good points and ones I'll certainly heed.  One of my planned operating
positions is on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel which is at the mouth of
the Chesapeake Bay and where all the ships from Norfolk naval base cross.  The
bridge/tunnel has its own police force and I've contacted them to get written
permission to operate.  From what I've learned from other rovers who use this
bridge, they are used to ham operators but do want prior notice of when you'll
be there.

I keep the wallet sized license in my pocket, but I hadn't considered bringing
QST.  I'll add that to my checklist.

Steve
K4GUN

From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>