Re: [VHFcontesting] Another rookie question

To: k4gun@comcast.net,VHF Contesting eMail Remailer <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Another rookie question
From: Dan Evans <dan.evans@insightbb.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 03:44:39 -0500
Hi Steve, and the Group,

You have received a lot of great advice.  It's always nice to see this
sort of stuff on the reflectors.  Keep in mind for every person that
asks a question, there are probably 10 more that needed the info but
were probably just "listening" to the traffic:-)

About the only thing I could add is I find it helpful to carry a
notebook.  Computer logging is the only way to go.  I hate entering a
log into the computer after the contest.  But keep a paper notebook as a
back up, and to keep notes on what works, and more importantly what
doesn't work during the expedition. This will then become your "to-do"
list after the contest.   Also, don't forget to send us an "After Action
Report" to the reflector after the contest.  This is a great way to help
prepare for the next Rover expedition and there are other folks on the
list that can learn from the info:-)

And above all, don't forget to have fun!

73
Dan
--
K9ZF /R no budget Rover ***QRP-l #1269