Re: [VHFcontesting] Another rookie question

To: k4gun@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Another rookie question
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 22:38:58 -0600 (CST)
I think the only strategy for the frequency is to stay off the calling
frequency but not be too high in the band, so those who don't know your
sked will still stumble across you.

Once people know you're out there, I think your time is divided between
running stations and running to the next grid square.  Probably not much
time or need to do S&P.

Most of my QSO's as a QRP-portable start off on 2m and then go up or down
the bands from there. Every once in a while I make an initial QSO on 222
or 432 and go up or down from there. I don't think I've ever had a random
QSO on 903 or above.

73, Zack W9SZ