Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover batteries

To: "'John D'Ausilio'" <jdausilio@gmail.com>,<vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover batteries
From: "Mike Metroka" <VHFRover@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:10:22 -0600
John,
   I've been using three Die Hard Deep cycle Marine/RV batteries for years
in my rover.  Model 27582 which is a "29HM" size box they rate at 200 minute
reserve and 675 CC Amps.  I have read at least one report on the reflectors
that the die hards are not the best batteries but I have not had problems
with them.  I also use two of them in my fishing.  The main draw for me is
that they are readily available at the local Sears store.
Mike WB8BZK/R

W1RT wrote:
The Jitney battery bank is getting a bit long in the tooth, and the
batteries are bulging just a bit. They're a set of 4 Trojan T-105s
(old-style), and they're about 6-7 years old.
I'm interested to know what others are using .. I'm sort of tempted to
move to an AGM battery, but they're considerably more expensive.
de w1rt/john