Re: [VHFcontesting] W1RT Aug UHF

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] W1RT Aug UHF
From: Ron Klimas WZ1V <wz1v@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 11:56:40 -0400
John: Cool! I was there about 11 years ago back when we were scoping
out possible multiop locations for the club. At the time, there was
right off a residential street, at the "summit" the remains of an
abandoned radar site with cinder block building. Chain link fencing
was gone but the posts were still in. It was pretty overgrown, lots
of brush and small trees. Maybe by now it's been sold, don't know.
Never set up there, we figured we'd need at least 50 feet of tower to
get over the foliage - found an open field hilltop in Roxbury
instead. But operated there only once. After that NC1I started a
multi so joined him.
-73, Ron WZ1V