Re: [VHFcontesting] (Rover) What does N6NB et al say?

To: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] (Rover) What does N6NB et al say?
From: k4gun@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 15:15:46 +0000 (UTC)

I think a lot of good has come out of this conversation.  I hope we will see
some revisions as a result.  One final point I want to stress is that I don't
begrudge the packs and circlers.  I did, but upon further reflection, I can see
that they really are contributing to the hobby.  They are doing what they enjoy
in a way that makes them happy.  That's great.  Unlimited Rover was created
just so they had a place to do their thing.  It is my desire to see them
continue this but to have their scores matched against others with similar
goals.

To that end, I like the two ideas that seem to have traction now.  First is to
limit the "Limited Rovers" to 6, 144 and 432 plus one other of their choice.
The second is to limit rover to rover contacts and I like 10 for Limited and 30
for classic.  I think those would cause minimal (if any) disturbance to the
traditional rovers.

Thanks all for participating.

Steve

K4GUN/R