[VHFcontesting] 1296 Amp (Coaxial Relays)

To: <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, "VHF Contesting Reflector" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 1296 Amp (Coaxial Relays)
From: "Les Rayburn" <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 15:40:30 -0600
Wow! My in-box is filled with responses to my earlier question about T/R
switching for my 1296mhz amp. I'm printing them all out and studying them now.
The common theme was that I needed to get relays for the purpose.

As luck would have it, local VHF guru, Jimmy Long, W4ZRZ has given me two
boxed, like new Coaxial Relays. These are model CX-520D type. They have type
"N" connectors, and work from 12VDC. I found the following fax sheet on the web
about these.

http://www.nts-electronic.com/cx520d.htm

So, I assume these would work for my application? I'd like to use the pre-amp
at the antenna, but it's the Icom model, which requires 12VDC through the coax.
I should have mentioned that earlier.

Given the new information, I'd appreciate any updates on how this might alter
anyone's earlier recommendations. Again, I can't express how grateful I am for
all the help and encouragement.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
EM63nf