[VHFcontesting] [Fwd: [PNWVHFS] First heat of the 2008 PNWVHFS Cabin Fev

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] [Fwd: [PNWVHFS] First heat of the 2008 PNWVHFS Cabin Fever Sprint!]
From: kb7dqh@donobi.net
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 21:43:07 -0800 (PST)
From:    "Lynn Burlingame" <n7cfo@n7cfo.com>
Date:    Thu, December 18, 2008 9:49 am
To:      "~PNWVHFS Reflector" <pNWVHFS@googlegroups.com>
Cc:      kx9x@arrl.org

The Voices In My Head, (AKA,"The Commission") tell me that the current
weather conditions warrant the running of the first heat of the 2008 Cabin
Fever Sprint!  Of course, it could be the bean burrito I had for dinner last
night that is speaking to me, but I think not..

By virtue of the authority vested in me by The Commission and upon due
authorization by His Eminence, N7SS, President of the PNWVHFS, I hereby
announce the running of the 2008 Cabin Fever Sprint!

Rules:

1.  Time period:   Because of predicted conditions The Commission has
directed that this event be run in heats.  The first heat will start at 1000
PST and will run until everybody gets tired.  Future heats will be announced
as appropriate.

2.  Bands: 6/2/220/432/903/1296.   Contacts are permitted in any mode, but
you can work another station only once per band unless it is a rover.  Use
of 146.52 for any purpose is prohibited.  146.58 is suggested for 2 meter FM
contacts.

3.  Exchange: Call and grid

4.  Scoring:  Each grid worked on a band counts as a multiplier for that
band.   Total your contacts per band and multiply them times the number of
grids worked on that band for a band score.  Total the band scores and then
add bonus points as appropriate
5.  Bonus points:

-  Add 200 points if any contacts were made while your power is out.  (This
means that you used emergency power - a generator or battery)

-  Add 200 points per grid activated for being a rover.  The Commission
requires that ALL rover contacts be made while NOT moving.  If a rover,
count the scores for each grid activated as above and then total the
activated grid scores and then add the 100 point grid bonuses.

-  Add 50 bonus points per contact for any contacts that span the Cascades.
(i.e., W/WA to E/WA, E/OR to W/OR, E/WA to W/OR, etc.

-  Add 200 points per contact for contacts with a PNWVHFS member that is not
in Washington, Oregon, Idaho or BC.  (The commission mandated this rule to
honor the activities of our W6 members)

-  Add 500 points per contact for contacts with PNWVHFS or Alaska VHF-Up
Group members.  This should bring Ed out of hibernation.

-  Add 50 points per contact with any ARRL elected officer or appointee -
check your section webpage!  This includes QST contributors, so contacts
with N0AX and N7RR will receive this bonus.  Additional nominees for this
singular honor will be considered by the Commission - please email me.

6.  Submission: Post your points per band, number of multipliers per band, a
listing of claimed bonus points and total points on the reflector.

7.  Prizes:  Are you kidding?

8.  All contestants agree to abide by Special Commission Rule 13. Note that
Special Commission Rule 13 is confidential and will not be published unless
there is an infraction.  You don't want to know about Special Rules 10
through 12!

9.  Additional information.  The commission reserves the right to amend the
contest rules as deemed appropriate.  Sniveling will be dealt with harshly.
All rulings made by the Commission are final.  Resistance is futile!

Lynn
N7CFO
(Representative Plenipotentiary of The Commission)